What is involved in Physio Specialisation?

Specialisation Graduation 2011 - Liza

Specialisation Graduation 2011 – Liza

Specialisation in Sports Physiotherapy is via The Australian College of Physiotherapists.

Entry Level Physiotherapists get a Degree such as a Bachelor of Physiotherapy which is normally a four year degree from a University. After working and gaining experience, A Masters of Sports Physiotherapy which is normally at least a two year degree is completed at a University. After gaining a Masters degree and sitting an exam a Physiotherapist can progress to being a title Sports Physiotherapist or Tier two.

Titled Sports Physiotherapists can then apply to be accepted onto the Australian College of Physiotherapists training programme which is a challenging two year programme with a facilitator that culminates in a weekend of intensive examinations.

The formal description of the Specialisation process can be found on the APA website.

Liza is a Specialist Sports Physiotherapist. You can make an appointment with her most mornings by calling 07 35116352 or by requesting her in your webform 


This entry was posted in FAQ. Bookmark the permalink.